Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Neighborhood blog


weblogs > slovenia

I just discovered Carniola, a blog from Slovenia in English by fellow MeFite Ljubliana. Amongst its treasures I must recommend "Kullas of Kosovo: A Survey of Doors and Windows", which is exactly that, a collection of photos of doors and windows from Kosovo... Also Tito, a website about the (Slovenian) Yugoslav leader.
Speaking of Slovenians and Tito, I take the opportunity here to plug Laibach, one of my all time favourite groups whose ironic (darkly and stealthily, but ironic) blend of totalitarianism, industrial music and rock and roll make them Europe's answer to the Residents... This website The Slovenia of Athens, is perfectly named for an entry about a Slovenian blog in an Athenian blog.
From this website, I highly recommend the Laibach cover of the Rolling Stones classic "Sympathy for the Devil" (mp3 file - right-click, save-as, you know the drill), performed exactly as it was meant to be performed...

No comments: